(WFLA) — Accidents are causing delays on major roadways in the Tampa Bay area.
A vehicle hit a bicyclist on the Bayside Bridge in Pinellas County around 6:12 a.m. It happened in the southbound lanes. According to the Florida Highway Patrol, a 52-year-old Palm Harbor man was riding a bicycle southbound in the outside paved shoulder of the Bayside Bridge when he was hit by a Hyundai Santa Fe driven by Clement Dumas, 62, who drove out of his lane and onto the shoulder. The bicyclist was transported to a local hospital in critical condition. The crash and investigation are causing a backup on the bridge. U.S. 19 is an alternate route.
A crash closed Adamo Drive in both directions at U.S. 301 around 6:30 am. Detours include Broadway, Palm River Road or the Crosstown Expressway.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WATCH: Woman comes face-to-face with intruder in St. Pete home
- Cops: Teacher finds daughter at Lake Wales home, puts 17-year-old boy in chokehold
- London tower fire started in fridge freezer
- Fitness blogger dies after reportedly being hit in chest by exploding whipped cream canister
- Bystanders tried to save Dallas children, 17, 12, who drowned in Tampa hotel pool
- Florida family escapes after hoverboard catches home on fire
- JCPenney aims to hire 400 workers throughout Tampa Bay