GAINESVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) – An angry mother alligator defended her babies when a man got too close at La Chua Trail at Paynes Prairie on Saturday.
Ben Bourkari Jr. caught another photographer on video, getting a little too close to the gator.
Bourkari notes in a Facebook post that everyone else was a safe distance away on a boardwalk.
He says in the post that there aren’t many boardwalks on the trail, but gators sun themselves where they please and leave visitors alone.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WATCH: Woman comes face-to-face with intruder in St. Pete home
- Cops: Teacher finds daughter at Lake Wales home, puts 17-year-old boy in chokehold
- Fitness blogger dies after reportedly being hit in chest by exploding whipped cream canister
- Bystanders tried to save Dallas children, 17, 12, who drowned in Tampa hotel pool
- Florida family escapes after hoverboard catches home on fire
- JCPenney aims to hire 400 workers throughout Tampa Bay