SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota County health officials have issued a “no swim” advisory for:
Service Club Park – 1190 Harbor Drive, Venice, FL 34285
Venice Fishing Pier – 16000 Harbor Strive S, Venice, FL 34285
While the beaches remain open, wading, swimming and water recreation is not recommended due to amounts of enterococcus bacteria outside limits.
Signage will remain in place until follow-up water testing results meet the EPA’s recreational water standard.
The next round of tests will be available on Friday.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Boy dies after being shot by sibling in Bradenton
- Fitness blogger dies after reportedly being hit in chest by exploding whipped cream canister
- USF football player arrested for credit card fraud, theft
- Worker dies after being electrocuted at Auburndale distillery
- JCPenney aims to hire 400 workers throughout Tampa Bay
- Which Tampa Bay area county is in the middle of a massive mosquito outbreak?
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.