BRADENTON, Fla. (WFLA) – A Bradenton boy died Thursday after he was shot by his sibling, according to police.
The Bradenton Police responded to the 300 block of 12th Ave W. and found a child with a gunshot wound.
He was transported by paramedics to the Manatee Memorial Hospital where he passed away shortly after 2 p.m.
At this time, detectives are questioning family members and witnesses to determine whether the shooting was accidental.
Authorities believe the incident was an accident and said both the shooter and the victim are siblings.
The agency is using this tragedy to warn gun owners to keep firearms secure and out of children’s reach.
No further details regarding the incident has been released at this time.
Anyone with information on the shooting has been asked to contact the Bradenton Police Department at at 941-932-9300, or Detective Adrian Meridan at 941-932-9326. You may also email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a developing story. We will have more updates on WFLA.com when more facts are available.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WATCH: Woman comes face-to-face with intruder in St. Pete home
- Cops: Teacher finds daughter at Lake Wales home, puts 17-year-old boy in chokehold
- Fitness blogger dies after reportedly being hit in chest by exploding whipped cream canister
- Bystanders tried to save Dallas children, 17, 12, who drowned in Tampa hotel pool
- Florida family escapes after hoverboard catches home on fire
- JCPenney aims to hire 400 workers throughout Tampa Bay