WINTER PARK, Fla. (WESH) — A man was arrested at his Winter Park home after investigators said he downloaded child pornography.
Deputies said they received information that Benjamin Akers, 51, downloaded the pornography onto his electronic devices while at his home in Winter Park in May.
Deputies used a search warrant on Wednesday at his home on Tangerine Avenue.
Authorities said based on statements and evidence found from examining his computer they placed him under arrest.
Akers is facing 10 counts of possession of a photo/movie detailing sexual performance of a child.
The investigation is ongoing.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Tropical Storm Cindy makes landfall in Louisiana
- TRAGEDY: Dallas boy, 12, drowns in Tampa hotel pool, sister dies at hospital
- Pasco man arrested after video shows him impersonating law enforcement officer
- Riverview church hit by vandals, symbols, graffiti spray-painted
- Winter Park man arrested for 10 counts of child pornography
- WINNER: $1 million Mega Millions ticket sold in Pasco Co.
- Florida man investigated for harassing manatees after posting viral video
- Pinellas Co. LPN arrested for giving patient morphine without prescription
- Georgia inmates save guard’s life when he collapses during work detail