(WFLA) — Walmart says its company’s system has not been hacked, despite rumors swirling on social media.
A viewer reached out to News Channel 8 on Wednesday, asking about posts going around Facebook urging people to not use debit or credit cards at Walmart and claiming the store’s system had been hacked.
We reached out to Walmart, and a spokesperson tells us this is just a rumor:
This a rumor that has been spread on social media. We’ve found nothing to indicate our systems have been compromised and we continue serving our customers. The safety of our customers’ personal information is always a priority, and we have processes and programs in place designed to safeguard it.”
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- AMBER Alert issued for Florida 4-year-old
- County commissioners to discuss taking down Hillsborough Confederate statue
- Tropical Storm Cindy forms in Gulf of Mexico
- VIDEO: Florida Keys homeowner finds massive sea turtle in pool
- Georgia inmates save guard’s life when he collapses during work detail
- Sebring mom who let snake bite baby won’t be prosecuted
- Strike a pose because it’s National Selfie Day!
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.