SEOUL, South Korea (WFLA/NBC) – A baby elephant was saved by its own family members at a South Korean zoo on Tuesday.
The Seoul Grand Park Zoo recorded video of the calf, named Hope, trying to drink from a pond. Hope loses her balance and fell into the water.
The calf’s mother and aunt came to Hope’s rescue.
The older elephants tried to reach her with their trunks, then went into the water and held the calf up.
The female elephants eventually brought Hope back to land.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PHOTO: Tampa police seek car involved in possible abduction of woman
- Tropical Storm Cindy forms in Gulf of Mexico
- Pinellas Co. LPN arrested for giving patient morphine without prescription
- Georgia inmates save guard’s life when he collapses during work detail
- Sebring mom who let snake bite baby won’t be prosecuted
- Dunedin bar catches fire, businesses evacuated
- Amazon strikes again; the dressing room in your house
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.