JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) – The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office is asking for help finding three inmates who battered staff members and then escaped from a juvenile justice facility.
Investigators say at 11:30 p.m. on Sunday the three teenagers overpowered staff members at the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice facility on Lannie Road in Jacksonville.
The teens assaulted the staff members and then took their keys. The inmates used the keys to open a secure door and escape from the facility.
Police responded and began searching with K9s, but the teens were not found.
Investigators say the teens planned the escape. They are identified as Luther Davis, 16, Derek Browley, 16, and Justin Silva, 15.
If you see the escaped inmates call 911 or contact the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office at (904) 630-0500 or by email at JSOCrimeTips@jaxsheriff.org.
To remain anonymous and receive a possible reward up to $3,000 contact Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Deputies: Man removed window a/c to get into home to attack Polk woman
- Girl, 3, dies after dental visit
- VIDEO: Kitten rescued after falling into Hillsborough River
- 8 on Your Side ‘Storefronts for Sex’ investigation prompts protest of Kennedy Blvd. spas
- Autopsy: Cocaine, heroin, ecstasy found in Carrie Fisher’s system
- Child hospitalized after ingesting Xanax, Pinellas Co. man arrested
- Cops: Florida toddler pulls loaded gun from toy box during child welfare check