SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota police officers are on scene of a shooting that occurred Monday afternoon.
The Sarasota Police Department said the shooting occurred between 32nd and 33rd streets along North Washington Boulevard (US 301) in Sarasota.
Around 3:30 p.m., a Toyota Camry and Chevy Malibu were traveling eastbound on 32nd Street. There were at least two men in each car, and they began shooting at each other.
More shots were fired as the vehicles crossed North Washington Boulevard.
No one was struck, but a business was hit by bullets.
Both vehicles left the area. Sarasota police believe the vehicles were also involved in an incident in Manatee County.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the Sarasota Police Department at 941-316-1199.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Kitten rescued after falling into Hillsborough River
- Autopsy: Cocaine, heroin, ecstasy found in Carrie Fisher’s system
- Suspect Manhunt: Hernando residents urged to stay inside, schools on lockdown
- Child hospitalized after ingesting Xanax, Pinellas Co. man arrested
- Man shot and killed by ex-girlfriend in Zephyrhills
- Cops: Florida toddler pulls loaded gun from toy box during child welfare check
- Bodies of missing sailors found on stricken US Navy destroyer
- Company offering shocked Pres. Trump one-piece swimsuit
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.