DETROIT (AP) – Logan Morrison homered twice and Steven Souza Jr. hit his first career grand slam as the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Detroit Tigers 9-1 Sunday to split a four-game series.
Derek Norris and Evan Longoria also homered for the Rays, who won five of seven in the season series with Detroit.
Jake Faria (3-0) allowed one run, six hits and a walk in seven innings. He struck out a career-high nine. Faria is the second starting pitcher in Rays history to win his first three career games, joining Jeremy Hellickson.
Buck Farmer (2-1) allowed seven runs in 2 1/3 innings, and has now allowed 13 runs in 4 2/3 innings over his last two starts. Farmer gave up five hits, including three homers, walked one batter and hit another.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Man shot and killed by ex-girlfriend in Zephyrhills
- Bodies of missing sailors found on stricken US Navy destroyer
- Nurse injured, suspect in custody after shooting inside Ocala emergency room
- Florida woman charged with hiding dad’s body for benefits
- SeaWorld Orlando unveils virtual reality roller coaster
- Study finds surprising number of Americans think chocolate milk comes from brown cows