HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Detectives have arrested suspect who was stabbed by a Sunoco clerk during a robbery Sunday morning.
According to the sheriff’s office, Daniel Eubanks, 41, of Tampa, entered the store located at 14516 N. 22nd Street and demanded a bag of money.
The store clerk and the suspect became involved in a struggle over a baseball bat that was behind the counter.
Eubanks overpowered the clerk and the clerk stabbed him in the stomach.
The clerk and Eubanks continued to struggle until the clerk was able to run outside and alert nearby deputies.
The sheriff’s office said Eubanks removed a paper bag full of cash from behind the counter and fled on foot.
He was arrested without incident at 14001 San Casa Pl. in Tampa. He is currently being treated to Tampa General Hospital for his stab wounds.
When Eubanks is medically cleared, he will be booked into the HIllsborough County Jail. He is charged with robbery with a weapon, grand theft and aggravated battery.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Kitten rescued after falling into Hillsborough River
- Autopsy: Cocaine, heroin, ecstasy found in Carrie Fisher’s system
- Suspect Manhunt: Hernando residents urged to stay inside, schools on lockdown
- Child hospitalized after ingesting Xanax, Pinellas Co. man arrested
- Man shot and killed by ex-girlfriend in Zephyrhills
- Cops: Florida toddler pulls loaded gun from toy box during child welfare check
- Bodies of missing sailors found on stricken US Navy destroyer
- Company offering shocked Pres. Trump one-piece swimsuit
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.