NORTH SMITHFIELD, R.I. (AP) – Police in Rhode Island say a groom was arrested at his wedding reception for assaulting restaurant employees.
Court records showed Frank Redding pleaded no contest Monday to charges of simple assault and vandalism.
He initially faced an additional charge of disorderly conduct, but that was dismissed.
Police say an argument with Redding’s family members escalated to include restaurant staff on Saturday in North Smithfield.
Police say Redding was approached by a staff member because he’d been drinking alcohol that wasn’t sold by the facility.
Police say Redding chased the staff member back into the restaurant while threatening to kill him.
They say he also assaulted other employees.
Under the plea agreement, Redding received a year of probation and a one-year suspended sentence, with six months to serve.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Deputies: Man removed window a/c to get into home to attack Polk woman
- Girl, 3, dies after dental visit
- VIDEO: Kitten rescued after falling into Hillsborough River
- 8 on Your Side ‘Storefronts for Sex’ investigation prompts protest of Kennedy Blvd. spas
- Autopsy: Cocaine, heroin, ecstasy found in Carrie Fisher’s system
- Child hospitalized after ingesting Xanax, Pinellas Co. man arrested
- Cops: Florida toddler pulls loaded gun from toy box during child welfare check