PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A Pinellas County man is facing a felony charge after sheriff’s deputies say a child in his care ingested an unknown amount of Xanax.
Over the weekend, 20-year-old Oscar Montes was caring for a child who started acting lethargic and wouldn’t settle down. The child was taken to All Children’s Hospital and later tested positive for Xanax/Benzo.
Deputies say Montes admitted he uses Xanax unprescribed for recreational use on the weekends. The medication is apparently often left on a window sill of a bedroom.
Investigators aren’t sure how the child got the medication, but Montes says it most likely fell off the window sill and onto the bed where the child sleeps.
Montes was arrested for felony neglect of a child.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Man shot and killed by ex-girlfriend in Zephyrhills
- Bodies of missing sailors found on stricken US Navy destroyer
- Nurse injured, suspect in custody after shooting inside Ocala emergency room
- Florida woman charged with hiding dad’s body for benefits
- SeaWorld Orlando unveils virtual reality roller coaster
- Study finds surprising number of Americans think chocolate milk comes from brown cows