HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Hillsborough County Fire Rescue battled a house fire in Carrollwood Monday afternoon.
The fire occurred in a home in the 4700 block of Mullins Road.
Firefighters were made aware of an elderly victim inside the home when the fire started. The victim was pulled to safety by a neighbor and refused to be taken to a hospital.
Firefighters were also made aware of two dogs still in the home. They were able to locae one of the dogs and remove it from the home.
The dog was in cardiac arrest and paramedics attempted to save it, but were not successful.
The second dog is still missing.
It took firefighters approximately 40 minutes to bring the fire under control.
No one was injured.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Kitten rescued after falling into Hillsborough River
- Autopsy: Cocaine, heroin, ecstasy found in Carrie Fisher’s system
- Suspect Manhunt: Hernando residents urged to stay inside, schools on lockdown
- Child hospitalized after ingesting Xanax, Pinellas Co. man arrested
- Man shot and killed by ex-girlfriend in Zephyrhills
- Cops: Florida toddler pulls loaded gun from toy box during child welfare check
- Bodies of missing sailors found on stricken US Navy destroyer
- Company offering shocked Pres. Trump one-piece swimsuit