TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Tampa police are investigating a shooting death that happened at a gas station overnight.
Officers were called to the Tampa Super Shop gas station on East Lake Avenue for a woman who was shot. Police found the victim, 50-year-old Metosha Godwin, and tried to attempt life-saving efforts along with Tampa firefighters, but were not successful.
The suspect, 39-year-old Sol Hoke, was later taken into custody after a stand-off near 20th Street and Fletcher Avenue.
Hoke was charged with premeditated murder and felon in possession of a firearm. The suspect boasts an extensive criminal rap sheet. He’s served three stints in state prison for crimes including burglary, drug possession and grand theft.
Police say the victim knew the suspect.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Machete-wielding homeowner holds armed robbery suspect until officials arrive, 5 arrested
- ‘Bovine bandits’ nabbed in Polk Co. after stealing cows, selling them at auction
- PCSO: Former juvenile justice employee admits to molesting 7-year-old
- Manhunt Over: Tennessee homeowner with gun helps capture escaped inmates
- Deputies: Bradenton woman admitted to raping child, 6, with her father
- Cops: Drunk caretaker passed out, boy found wandering near busy St. Pete road
- Study finds surprising number of Americans think chocolate milk comes from brown cows
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.