LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) — A kitten found on the street Saturday night now has a new home with a police officer.
Officer Cardin with the Lakeland Police Department found the little kitten hiding near a lamppost at the corner of Florida Avenue and Pine Street and brought her back to the station and put her safely in the kennel there.
The kitten then caught the eye of Sgt. Wallace, who decided to keep her with him throughout the shift so she wouldn’t be alone.
In a Facebook post, Lakeland PD jokes that the kitten enjoyed her new role as Sgt. Wallace’s partner, but did fall asleep on the job.
The kitten, named Kelsey, now has a new and loving home with Sgt. Wallace.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Man shot and killed by ex-girlfriend in Zephyrhills
- Bodies of missing sailors found on stricken US Navy destroyer
- Nurse injured, suspect in custody after shooting inside Ocala emergency room
- Florida woman charged with hiding dad’s body for benefits
- SeaWorld Orlando unveils virtual reality roller coaster
- FHP: Trooper fatally struck on I-75 in Alachua County
- Study finds surprising number of Americans think chocolate milk comes from brown cows