KISSIMMEE, Fla. (WESH) —A missing girl was found dead in a retention pond in her apartment Sunday morning. Kissimmee police responded to the Chelsea Square Apartments, to search for a missing nine-year-old girl. As police searched the apartments on Avon Blvd., the girl’s body was found in the pond.
KPD spokeswoman Stacie Miller said the investigation is continuing, but at this point, it appears to be an accidental drowning. The girl’s name has not been released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Cops: Florida toddler pulls loaded gun from toy box during child welfare check
- 11-year-old hospitalized in Orange Co. after self-inflicted gunshot wound to face
- Man shot and killed by ex-girlfriend in Zephyrhills
- FHP report: Trooper hit and killed after car crash in Alachua County
- Cops: Mom leaves child, 4, at Atlanta airport, skips town in Florida car
- Reports: Beyoncé and Jay Z welcome twins