ORLANDO, Fla. (WFLA) — SeaWorld Orlando has put a new twist on one of its roller coasters.
The theme park officially opened “Kraken Unleashed” on Friday, a first-of-its-kind virtual reality roller coaster.
The virtual reality headsets that SeaWorld added to its original “Kraken” roller coaster will now allow riders to experience a virtual journey under the sea.
“Kraken” has three 32-passenger trains, and SeaWorld has added the virtual reality experience to all of them. Riders who want the traditional roller coaster experience can choose that when they get on board.
SeaWorld says all of the seats are programmed so each rider has an individual experience.
You can learn more about “Kraken Unleashed” by visiting SeaWorld Orlando’s website.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Machete-wielding homeowner holds armed robbery suspect until officials arrive, 5 arrested
- ‘Bovine bandits’ nabbed in Polk Co. after stealing cows, selling them at auction
- PCSO: Former juvenile justice employee admits to molesting 7-year-old
- Manhunt Over: Tennessee homeowner with gun helps capture escaped inmates
- Deputies: Bradenton woman admitted to raping child, 6, with her father
- Cops: Drunk caretaker passed out, boy found wandering near busy St. Pete road
- Study finds surprising number of Americans think chocolate milk comes from brown cows
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.