WIMAUMA, Fla. (WFLA) — Detectives with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office have issued an arrest warrant for a man in connection with a shooting that happened last week in Wimauma.
Deputies say 19-year-old Osvaldo Rodriguez shot at a car last Tuesday around 2 a.m. in the area of West Lake Drive and North Street.
The 16-year-old boy driving the car was hit once and suffered life-threatening injuries.
Rodriguez is wanted for attempted homicide. Detectives have not been able to find him and are asking for the public’s help.
Rodriguez may still be armed. He has been seen in the Wimauma area in a teal Chevrolet Malibu.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at 247-8200.
Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay is offering a reward of up to $3,000 for information that leads to Rodriguez’s arrest. You can submit a tip by calling 1-800-873-8477 or going to the Crime Stoppers website.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Machete-wielding homeowner holds armed robbery suspect until officials arrive, 5 arrested
- ‘Bovine bandits’ nabbed in Polk Co. after stealing cows, selling them at auction
- PCSO: Former juvenile justice employee admits to molesting 7-year-old
- Manhunt Over: Tennessee homeowner with gun helps capture escaped inmates
- Deputies: Bradenton woman admitted to raping child, 6, with her father
- Cops: Drunk caretaker passed out, boy found wandering near busy St. Pete road
- Study finds surprising number of Americans think chocolate milk comes from brown cows
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.