OCALA, Fla. (WFLA/AP) -A nurse was injured in a shooting involving a trooper inside an emergency room at an Ocala hospital on Saturday, WESH reports.
It happened around 3:00 pm at the West Marion Community Hospital located at 4600 Southwest Court in Ocala.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the suspect in connection to this incident was a patient at the hospital who was struggling with a trooper. The trooper’s gun went off inside the emergency room, and a nurse was hit by the gunfire.
The nurse is currently in stable condition, according to the FHP.
Officials said the suspect was immediately detained after the shooting. No further information, including the identities of those involved, has been released at this time.
This is a developing story. We will have an update on WFLA.com when more facts are available.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Cops: Mom leaves child, 4, at Atlanta airport, skips town in Florida car
- Cosby judge declares mistrial as jury deadlocks again
- VIDEO: Machete-wielding homeowner holds armed robbery suspect until officials arrive, 5 arrested
- ‘Bovine bandits’ nabbed in Polk Co. after stealing cows, selling them at auction
- PCSO: Former juvenile justice employee admits to molesting 7-year-old
- Deputies: Bradenton woman admitted to raping child, 6, with her father
- Study finds surprising number of Americans think chocolate milk comes from brown cows