TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa police are investigating a homicide that occurred Friday night.
Police responded to the report of shots fired in the area of North 36th Street and East Shadowlawn Avenue.
When officers arrived, they found Antwan Jenrette Jr., 18, suffering from a gunshot wound and immediately began first aid.
Tampa Fire Rescue arrived and took Jenrette to Tampa General Hospital, where he died of his injuries.
Tampa Police Homicide detectives are investigating leads in the case and are asking for assistance. Anyone with information is asked to called Tampa police are 813-231-6130 or contact Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Woman who sent texts urging suicide guilty of manslaughter
- PCSO: Former juvenile justice employee admits to molesting 7-year-old
- Manhunt Over: Tennessee homeowner with gun helps capture escaped inmates
- Deputies: Bradenton woman admitted to raping child, 6, with her father
- Cops: Drunk caretaker passed out, boy found wandering near busy St. Pete road
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.