.FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) – The body of a teen found in a plastic storage container buried in Florida backyard led to murder charges against a man police say solicited her online for sex.
The Broward County Sheriff’s Office said Friday that 25-year-old Tyquan Pearson was arrested in Norfolk, Virginia, and charged with murdering 19-year-old Brittany Taylor.
Surveillance video at a motel near Fort Lauderdale shows Taylor going into a room where Pearson was staying last month. It later shows Pearson wheeling out a blue storage container.
Investigators said Pearson’s girlfriend picked him up and drove him to a storage unit. Pearson told her the container had clothes and other items he planned to give away. But investigators acting on a tip found the container buried in a backyard and discovered Taylor’s decomposing body.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Woman who sent texts urging suicide guilty of manslaughter
- PCSO: Former juvenile justice employee admits to molesting 7-year-old
- Manhunt Over: Tennessee homeowner with gun helps capture escaped inmates
- Deputies: Bradenton woman admitted to raping child, 6, with her father
- Cops: Drunk caretaker passed out, boy found wandering near busy St. Pete road