ST. PETERSBURG (WFLA) – St. Petersburg police are looking for the driver of a car who struck and killed a bicyclist late Thursday night.
The hit-and-run crash took place in the 3300 block of 6th Street South just before midnight.
The bicyclist, who was identified as John H. Sampson, 58, was transported to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg where he was pronounced dead shortly after arriving.
If anyone has any on the identity of the driver or the car, contact St. Petersburg Police 893-7780 or text SPPD+ your tip to TIP411.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Cops: Drunk caretaker passed out, boy found wandering near busy St. Pete road
- Target 8: 4 top brass at Hillsborough Fire Rescue suspended, time cards in question
- Manhunt Over: Tennessee homeowner with gun helps capture escaped inmates
- Over 200 Manatee High School students learn AP English exams are void
- Vendors out of place to work after USA Flea Market closes in Pasco
- Woman sues Publix over husband’s deep fryer death
- WFLA News Channel 8 volunteers for Founder’s Day of Caring