WASHINGTON (AP) – Vice President Mike Pence has hired outside legal counsel to oversee his response to investigations into possible collusion between Russia and President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign.
Pence’s office confirms that he has retained Richard Cullen of McGuire Woods “to assist him in responding to inquiries by the special counsel.”
That’s according to a statement from Pence spokesman Jarrod Agen.
Richard previously served as Virginia attorney general and U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia.
The president has also hired a private lawyer, Marc Kasowitz.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Tree falls on car in Tampa, killing driver
- Family’s home destroyed while on vacation, cats missing
- Ohio student imprisoned in N. Korea returns home in coma, family adjusting to new reality
- Lakeland man sues friend in dispute over $1M lottery ticket
- WFLA News Channel 8 volunteers for Founder’s Day of Caring
- Speed Busters: Lead feet causing problems for residents, pets on Ridgewood Park Street
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.