MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Daisy, a retired K9 with the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office has passed away at age 12, deputies announced on Thursday.
The beloved K9 joined the unit in 2006 and helped deputies track down missing children and endangered adults.
The deputies say Daisy enjoyed two golden years of retirement at home with her handler, Deputy Billy Wilson.
“Our hearts go out to K-9 Daisy’s handler and his family. Rest easy K-9 Daisy,” the sheriff’s office wrote on Facebook.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Tree falls on car in Tampa, killing driver
- Family’s home destroyed while on vacation, cats missing
- Ohio student imprisoned in N. Korea returns home in coma, family adjusting to new reality
- Lakeland man sues friend in dispute over $1M lottery ticket
- WFLA News Channel 8 volunteers for Founder’s Day of Caring
- Speed Busters: Lead feet causing problems for residents, pets on Ridgewood Park Street