ERIN, Wis. (AP) — A blimp flying over the U.S. Open has gone down and the aircraft’s operator says he doesn’t know if the pilot is alive.
Justin Maynard is a sales manager for AirSign, the advertising company that operates the blimp.
Maynard says only the pilot was on board the craft. He says the company’s operations team on the ground confirmed citizen video on social media showing the blimp going down.
Maynard says he is “not 100 percent” on the condition of the pilot but that believes he is alive.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Tree falls on car in Tampa, killing driver
- Family’s home destroyed while on vacation, cats missing
- Ohio student imprisoned in N. Korea returns home in coma, family adjusting to new reality
- Lakeland man sues friend in dispute over $1M lottery ticket
- WFLA News Channel 8 volunteers for Founder’s Day of Caring
- Speed Busters: Lead feet causing problems for residents, pets on Ridgewood Park Street