SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a reported stabbing of an 88-year-old woman.
The sheriff’s office said the investigation is ongoing, but the stabbing appeared to have stemmed from a domestic dispute.
Mental health issued may have been involved.
The woman was taken to Sarasota Memorial Hospital. Her condition is unknown.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Tree falls on car in Tampa, killing driver
- Family’s home destroyed while on vacation, cats missing
- Ohio student imprisoned in N. Korea returns home in coma, family adjusting to new reality
- Lakeland man sues friend in dispute over $1M lottery ticket
- WFLA News Channel 8 volunteers for Founder’s Day of Caring
- Speed Busters: Lead feet causing problems for residents, pets on Ridgewood Park Street
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.