SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – A Sarasota man was killed and three people were critically injured in a three-vehicle crash in Sarasota on Wednesday night, according to the Sarasota Police Department.
It happened at the intersection of Faubel Street and Higel Avenue.
Police believe Guy Theron, 57, was driving his silver Dodge minivan at high speeds when he swerved and struck one vehicle, then swerved again and hit another. Theron sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead.
One of the victims involved, Killian Metz, 17, was transported to Sarasota Memorial Hospital with serious injuries. He is expected to survive. His passenger, Darian Callahan, 19, was also transported to Sarasota Memorial and is expected to recover from his injuries.The intersection was temporarily closed, but
North Bridge to Siesta Key was shut down for several hours as authorities responded to the crash, which remains under investigation.
No further details are available at this time.
We will have more updates on this story once more information is released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Rep. Steve Scalise in critical condition after shooting at GOP baseball practice
- USA Flea Market closed in Pasco County, building deemed unsafe
- Polk County man arrested for sharing naked photos of ex-wife
- UPS shooting leaves 4 dead, including shooter in San Francisco
- Wife of Nik Wallenda discusses hanging by her teeth over Niagara Falls
- Jacksonville father murdered in front of kids while buying puppy from Facebook ad