PALM RIVER, Fla. (WFLA) — Sheriff’s deputies in Hillsborough County are investigating a stabbing that left one person dead and injured four others, including two teenagers.
Deputies said the stabbing stemmed from an ongoing neighborhood dispute between two groups, and told News Channel 8 that a large and physical fight between two groups broke out just after 1 a.m. Wednesday outside of a home on Windsor Way in Palm River.
At some point during the fight, investigators said people pulled out knives and started stabbing each other. Two 17-year-olds and three adults were stabbed. Johnny Morris, 23, was killed. His birthday was last week.
Other victims include:
Marvin Morris, 17
Jarvin Morris, 17
Steven Tolbert, 20
Ronnie Ponder, 23
Demetrius Williams, 18, lives with some of those involved in the feud. She said she woke up to the fight and tried to stop it.
“My brother was stabbed as well as my cousin,” she said. “They were rushed to the hospital. I was trying to break it up. They called more people to the scene. It got bigger and bigger.”
Brothers Marvin and Jarvin Morris were also stabbed during the altercation. Marvin was stabbed in the neck and his brother was stabbed in the head. Both were treated and released from the hospital.
The sheriff’s office said this is going to be a very lengthy investigation.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Court filing: Tampa Palms man with Neo-Nazi ties had materials to kill civilians
- Hudson man arrested for using zip ties on children’s hands
- Showers shut down at Florida gyms linked to Legionnaires’
- Manhunt underway for inmates who killed prison guards
- St. Pete mother of assault victim details attack on 15-year-old daughter
- VIDEO: Bradenton man pops hood, finds snake on engine
- Jacksonville father murdered in front of kids while buying puppy from Facebook ad