ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – The spa and showers at two LA Fitness clubs in Florida are closed as health officials look into reports that four clients contracted Legionnaires’ disease.
Kent Donahue, a spokesman for the Florida Department of Health in Orange County, tells the Orlando Sentinel three cases are tied to one club near Orlando, and one is linked to another.
Donahue says it’s not certain the disease was contracted at the health clubs.
But all four people visited the LA Fitness centers and officials aren’t aware of other commonalities.
The health club sent notices to customers last week, warning them to watch for signs of Legionnaires’.
News 13 reports the spa and showers are closed. Legionnaires’ disease is a respiratory illness caused by Legionella bacteria and is typically contracted through water systems or air-conditioning systems.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- St. Pete mother of assault victim details attack on 15-year-old daughter
- Florida dog-poop dispute ends with 1 man jailed, 1 with wounded hand
- VIDEO: Bradenton man pops hood, finds snake on engine
- Students, parents push to change name of Robert E. Lee Elementary in Tampa
- Jacksonville father murdered in front of kids while buying puppy from Facebook ad
- St. Pete police seek help identifying man who assaulted girl, 15
- Mom admits to overdosing in Largo gas station bathroom in front of her child