HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A school bus driver was arrested for the sexual battery of a mentally and physically disabled adult, the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office announced on Tuesday.
Officials say Brian Coffee, 55, of Plant City, had been working at several assisted living facilities for mentally and disabled adults dating back to at least 2009 before he was arrested. He had also been a school bus driver for the Polk County School District since 2010.
Coffee drove buses for the following schools during the 2016-2017 school year:
- George W. Jenkins Senior High School
- Medulla Elementary School
- Lakeland Highlands Middle School
- Mulberry Middle School
- James W. Sikes Elementary School
- Kingsford Elementary School
Detectives are not aware of any other victims, but are requesting that is anyone has knowledge of any unreported victims, to please contact HCSO at 813-247-8200.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Court filing: Tampa Palms man with Neo-Nazi ties had materials to kill civilians
- Hudson man arrested for using zip ties on children’s hands
- Showers shut down at Florida gyms linked to Legionnaires’
- Manhunt underway for inmates who killed prison guards
- St. Pete mother of assault victim details attack on 15-year-old daughter
- VIDEO: Bradenton man pops hood, finds snake on engine
- Jacksonville father murdered in front of kids while buying puppy from Facebook ad