(WFLA/NBC News) — Tons of people showed up to spread their wings, spread some love and score a world record.
The video shows 1,387 people on the shoreline of Lake Michigan yesterday making sand angels for 30 seconds.
They smashed and set, a verified Guinness World Record for the most people making sand angels at the same time.
The event also raised money for a local hospital’s Cancer Center.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- NASA gives away free posters to share big moments in history
- P. F. Chang’s creates two wines to pair with favorite Asian foods
- Doctors deliver baby gorilla at Philly Zoo
- Celebrate Chocolate Ice Cream Day with free ice cream
- 11-year-old boy with autism conquers fear of roller coasters
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.