BEIJING (AP) — North Korea is expecting another visit by former NBA bad boy Dennis Rodman.
He’s made several visits to the country, but has been roundly criticized for insensitive comments and for regaling leader Kim Jong Un with “Happy Birthday” in 2014. On the same trip, he suggested an American missionary was at fault for his own imprisonment in North Korea, remarks for which he later apologized.
A foreign ministry official who spoke to the AP in Pyongyang confirmed Rodman was expected to arrive Tuesday but could not provide details. He spoke on condition of anonymity because the ministry had not issued a formal statement.
It would be Rodman’s first visit to the country since President Donald Trump took office.\
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- One Year Later: Hundreds gather to remember victims of Pulse shooting in Orlando
- Jacksonville father murdered in front of kids while buying puppy from Facebook ad
- St. Pete police seek help identifying man who assaulted girl, 15
- Mom admits to overdosing in Largo gas station bathroom in front of her child
- Manatee Co. man finds python under hood of car
- NASA gives away free posters to share big moments in history