EAST BRADENTON, Fla. (WFLA) — A Manatee County man made a surprising discovery when his car wouldn’t start last week.
The man popped his hood to try and figure out the problem, but instead found a ball python coiled up on top of his engine.
When the Wildlife, Inc. Education & Rehabilitation Center arrived at the scene, they say the 3-foot-long snake had moved into a small metal space above the wheel and balled itself up.
After about 30 minutes, handlers were able to loosen the reptile up to remove it from the car unharmed. It is now in the care of Wildlife, Inc.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- One Year Later: Hundreds gather to remember victims of Pulse shooting in Orlando
- VIDEO: Former President Carter shakes hands with every passenger on flight
- Missing child alert issued for 9-year-old Brevard Co. boy after deadly house fire
- Cops: St. Pete woman overdoses in gas station bathroom in front of 3-year-old child
- Companies end sponsorship over Trump killing scene in play
- Tyson recalls more than 2 million pounds of breaded chicken products
- Car swallowed by Ocala sinkhole