(WFLA) — Children’s clothing store Gymboree has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, but plans on operating as usual at most of its stores.
The filing is supposed to reduce Gymboree’s debts by at least $900 million, according to CNBC.
Court documents say the company plans to close up to 450 of its stores.
The retailer has more than a thousand stores nationwide under the brands Gymboree, Crazy 8 and Janie and Jack.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- One Year Later: Hundreds gather to remember victims of Pulse shooting in Orlando
- Jacksonville father murdered in front of kids while buying puppy from Facebook ad
- VIDEO: Former President Carter shakes hands with every passenger on flight
- Missing child alert issued for 9-year-old Brevard Co. boy after deadly house fire
- Companies end sponsorship over Trump killing scene in play
- Car swallowed by Ocala sinkhole