PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A Port Richey man was arrested after he accidentally shot himself at a dollar store in Hudson.
Jason Trigger, 35, was inside the Dollar General Store, located at 11928 U.S. Highway 19 in Hudson, when his .25 caliber handgun fell from his waistband, landed on the floor and discharged. A bullet struck his right ankle, according to Pasco deputies.
Trigger, who has multiple prior felony convictions, left before paramedics could arrive and decided to seek medical treatment at Bayonet Point Hospital.
Pasco deputies located Trigger at the hospital and took him into custody.
He’s been charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- One Year Later: Hundreds gather to remember victims of Pulse shooting in Orlando
- Jacksonville father murdered in front of kids while buying puppy from Facebook ad
- VIDEO: Former President Carter shakes hands with every passenger on flight
- Missing child alert issued for 9-year-old Brevard Co. boy after deadly house fire
- Companies end sponsorship over Trump killing scene in play
- Car swallowed by Ocala sinkhole