PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A motorcyclist was killed in a three-vehicle crash on U.S. 19 in Hudson on Saturday, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
It happened near the intersection of Little Road.
Troopers say an 87-year-old Gladys Bethel of Hudson was driving a Hyundai westbound on Little Road, approaching the highway when she failed to stop and crossed into the path of a 2010 Toyota.
After the two cars collided, the Hyundai traveled onto U.S. 19 into the path of a motorcycle and fatally struck the driver. The motorcyclist, who was identified as Steven Glenn Willard, 53, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Bethel and the other driver sustained serious injuries and were transported to Bayonet Point Hospital. Their conditions remain unknown.
Highway officials shut down all lanes of US-19, and diverted traffic at Little Road. All lanes were reopened shortly after 5 pm.
No further information has been released at this time.
This is a developing story. We will have updates on WFLA.com when more facts are released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Spring Hill woman charged after being contacted by 15-year-old for sex
- SUV driver caught on camera too close to bikers in Sarasota
- 3 St. Pete beaches closed after high levels of fecal bacteria found in water
- Pinellas family desperately searching for missing 14-year-old girl
- Target 8: Local veterinarian claims animal control ordinance violates state law
- ‘Funyun’ the seahorse recovering at Clearwater Marine Aquarium