ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) – Evan Longoria hit an RBI single in the 10th inning and the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Oakland Athletics 6-5 Saturday in the opener of the majors’ first regularly scheduled doubleheader since 2011.
The Rays won their fourth in a row. Oakland, which scored a run in the ninth to tie it, lost despite getting a season-high 16 hits.
Peter Bourjos led off the 10th with a single, advanced on a wild pitch by Liam Hendriks (2-1) and scored on Longoria’s third hit of the game. Austin Pruitt (5-1) won in relief.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s ex-boyfriend Nick Gordon arrested in Florida for domestic violence, kidnapping
- Autopsy: Volusia Co. parents died of fentanyl OD with kids in car
- Spring Hill woman charged after being contacted by 15-year-old for sex
- ‘Neo-nazi’ in National Guard faces federal charges after Tampa Palms murders
- SUV driver caught on camera too close to bikers in Sarasota
- ‘Funyun’ the seahorse recovering at Clearwater Marine Aquarium