DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida couple found dead near their running car with their three young children in the backseat died of an accidental fentanyl overdose.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports that the Volusia County medical examiner on Friday released its report into the deaths of Daniel and Heather Kelsey.
The two were found on the side of Interstate 4 in December. The couple’s three boys, ages 2, 1 and an infant, were inside the car strapped into their car seats watching a movie.
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office says the autopsies showed no foul play or signs of trauma in the deaths of 32-year-old Daniel and 30-year-old Heather Kelsey.
The newspaper reports 27 fatal fentanyl overdoses in Volusia County last year, four times more than in 2014.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Spring Hill woman charged after being contacted by 15-year-old for sex
- SUV driver caught on camera too close to bikers in Sarasota
- 3 St. Pete beaches closed after high levels of fecal bacteria found in water
- Pinellas family desperately searching for missing 14-year-old girl
- Target 8: Local veterinarian claims animal control ordinance violates state law
- ‘Funyun’ the seahorse recovering at Clearwater Marine Aquarium