ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH) — Anglers can fish freshwater fisheries this weekend without a valid Florida fishing license.
Saturday and Sunday, June 10 and 11, are open two of Florida’s license free fishing days.
The license free fishing days were created to provide an opportunity for parents who don’t yet have licenses to take kids fishing, or for avid anglers to introduce a friend to fishing without having to purchase a license, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said.
On these days, the fishing license requirement is waived for residents and visitors.
This weekend’s license free days are for freshwater fishing only, but on the first Saturday of September, anglers can fish saltwater license free.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 3 St. Pete beaches closed after high levels of fecal bacteria found in water
- Pinellas family desperately searching for missing 14-year-old girl
- Target 8: Local veterinarian claims animal control ordinance violates state law
- DASHCAM VIDEO: Naked man accused of urinating on car, damaging Florida deputy’s cruiser
- Father of girl, 6, found dead in garage charged with prostitution
- ‘Funyun’ the seahorse recovering at Clearwater Marine Aquarium
- 79-year-old grandma goes viral for doing a keg stand
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.