PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Highway Patrol has reopened all northbound lanes of Interstate 75 after a tractor-trailer fire that happened Friday evening.
The incident occurred in the northbound lanes between State Route 54 and State Route 52.
Crews with the Florida DOT were on-scene Saturday morning repairing part of the road that was damaged during the crash.
Pasco County Fire Rescue said the tractor-trailer struck a barrier, exploded and caught fire.
The driver of the truck was seriously injured. He received burns over 40% of his body and was flown to a local trauma center.
No other vehicles were involved in the accident and no other injuries were reported.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 3 St. Pete beaches closed after high levels of fecal bacteria found in water
- Pinellas family desperately searching for missing 14-year-old girl
- Target 8: Local veterinarian claims animal control ordinance violates state law
- ‘Funyun’ the seahorse recovering at Clearwater Marine Aquarium
- 79-year-old grandma goes viral for doing a keg stand