LAS VEGAS (AP) — A man under investigation after his youngest daughter’s body was found in the garage of an abandoned home in Illinois is due to face a judge in Las Vegas, where he is accused of abusing two other daughters and forcing his wife into prostitution.
Jason Scott Quate is expected to have a lawyer appointed to his case during his court appearance Friday on charges of felony sex trafficking and living from the earnings of a prostitute.
No charges have been filed in the girl’s death. Police believe she was killed about four years ago, when she was 6.
Quate was arrested Tuesday after his wife contacted police in Las Vegas and said authorities could find her daughter’s body in the garage of a home in Centreville, Illinois.
The woman is jailed in Las Vegas as a fugitive on a warrant filed in Illinois.
Quate told KSNV-TV in Las Vegas that he believed his wife put the 6-year-old up for adoption years ago. And he says it was his wife’s idea to move to Las Vegas and become a prostitute.
A spokeswoman for the Clark County district attorney says a separate child abuse charge against Quate is pending.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 3 St. Pete beaches closed after high levels of fecal bacteria found in water
- Pinellas family desperately searching for missing 14-year-old girl
- Target 8: Local veterinarian claims animal control ordinance violates state law
- DASHCAM VIDEO: Naked man accused of urinating on car, damaging Florida deputy’s cruiser
- ‘Funyun’ the seahorse recovering at Clearwater Marine Aquarium
- 79-year-old grandma goes viral for doing a keg stand
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.