TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Heavy rain is causing flooding and road closures in some parts of the Tampa Bay area.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said there is significant flooding in some parts of the county.
The following roads have been closed in Hillsborough County-
- Manhattan Ave. south of Sligh Ave. is closed due to flooding
- Hesperides St. south of Sligh Ave. is closed due to flooding
- Gavin Rd. at Pittman Rd. is closed due to a downed tree
- Camden St. north at Waters Ave, south of Humphrey St. is closed due to flooding
- Providence Run Blvd, south of Lakehurst Way is blocked due to a downed tree
The following roads are flooded, but have not yet been closed in Hillsborough County-
- Bay to Bay Blvd at Dale Mabry Hwy – northeast side flooded
- El Prado Blvd at Dale Mabry Hwy – east side of Dale Mabry Hwy flooded not passable
- Estrella St. at Dale Mabry Hwy – flooded not passable
- Neptune St. at Dale Mabry Hwy – flooded not passable
- Watrous St. at Dale Mabry Hwy- southbound lanes flooded
- San Luis St. at Dale Mabry Hwy – flooded, but passable from San Luis to Vasconia
- Palm Ave. at Massachusetts Ave. – flooded not passable
The following roads are flooded, but have not yet been closed in Sarasota County-
- 6th Street at 301
- Waldemere Street at Tamiami Trail (US 41) – avoid outside lanes due to standing water
If you are out on the road today, be sure to turn around and never drive through flooded roadways and be cautious of possible downed trees and downed power lines.
Other weather-related closures and issues in the Tampa Bay area-
- Lowry Park Zoo is closed for the day.
- Multiple downed tree limbs reported in Longboat Key, minor roof damage reported at The Longboat Key club resort.
We will continue to update this story as new information comes in.
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.