(WFLA/CNN) — The Philadelphia Zoo is welcoming its newest addition.
A baby gorilla was born on Friday, after some tense moments that prompted zoo officials to call in extra help.
Kira, the mother, went into labor and the delivery process was taking an unusually long time.
The zoo called in a team of local experts and thankfully the baby and new mom is happy and healthy.
The baby male gorilla has not been named yet.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- Celebrate Chocolate Ice Cream Day with free ice cream
- Astronomers discover planet hotter than most stars
- 11-year-old boy with autism conquers fear of roller coasters
- Social media helps 93-year-old bride find wedding dress
- Canada combats teen sexting with naked mole rat campaign
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.