TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Two people have been arrested following an apparent shootout in Tampa Tuesday morning.
A police lieutenant tells News Channel 8 people in two cars shot at each other at Williams Park Center, a city park, near East Tampa.
The cars did not pull over when officers arrived, and police started to pursue one of them.
During the chase, police say one of the suspects pointed a firearm at the officers.
The pursuit ended near North 40th and East Clifton Streets when the car tried to drive over a median.
Police say three people bailed out of the car. Two were caught and a third remains at large.
Video shows one of the men resisting and police officers wrestling him to the ground.
Reshard Mills, 21, was charged with discharging a firearm from a vehicle, aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer and resisting with violence.
Also arrested was 18-year-old Tyrell Leach. He was charged with fleeing to elude, burglary and resisting without violence.
It’s unclear what happened to the second car involved in the incident.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 5 killed in Orlando workplace shooting
- Tighter water restrictions now underway in several Tampa Bay area counties
- Cops: Uber driver steals gold necklace worth thousands off customer’s neck in Palm Harbor
- Girls sentenced in school bathroom attack that led to death
- Canadian man mows lawn with tornado behind him
- Carjacking suspect causes multiple hit-and-run crashes all over Tampa Bay
- New Mexico McDonald’s billboard joke goes viral