TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WFLA) – Florida Governor Rick Scott signed a bill into law Tuesday that dissolves the Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission.
The Florida Senate voted in May to send the bill to Gov. Scott’s desk.
The PTC had been under investigation by the FDLE in recent months for favoring cab companies over services like Lyft and Uber.
Scott signed 29 bills into law and vetoed two on Tuesday.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Suspect dead in Polk County deputy-involved shooting
- Authorities identify disgruntled ex-worker, 5 people he killed at Orlando business
- Deputies: Man stuffed 15 bottles of motor oil, 30 DVDs down his pants at Polk 7-Eleven
- Girls sentenced in school bathroom attack that led to death
- St. Pete residents upset over hate signs posted in neighbor’s yard
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.