NEW YORK (AP) — George and Amal Clooney are now parents of twins and, rest assured, George is doing fine.
The Clooneys welcomed Ella and Alexander on Tuesday morning, the couple announced in a joint statement. Both children, born at a hospital in London, are “happy, healthy and doing fine.”
“George is sedated and should recover in a few days,” read the statement.
Clooney, 56, and lawyer Amal Alamuddin, 39, married in 2014. These are the first children for both.
No other details were immediately available. The Clooneys had been living in London while awaiting the arrival of their babies.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- 11-year-old boy with autism conquers fear of roller coasters
- Social media helps 93-year-old bride find wedding dress
- Canada combats teen sexting with naked mole rat campaign
- National Doughnut Day and help kids in Tampa Bay
- Work up a sweat while touring the Met Museum
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.