LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities say a man who was wearing baggy blue jeans managed to stuff 15 quart-sized bottles of Pennzoil motor oil and 30 DVDs down his pants before walking out of a 7-Eleven store in Lakeland last week.
Unfortunately for the thief, a Polk County Sheriff’s Office detective happened to be parked outside and saw the whole thing happen.
After walking out of the store, the man walked past the detective, who was sitting in an unmarked vehicle that was parked outside the 7-Eleven.
PCSO Detective Phil Ryan said he got out of his car and confronted William Jason Hall, 38, and told him to remove all of the items from his pants.
Surveillance video recorded Hall as he pulled 30 “Treasure Hunt” DVDs and 15 bottles of motor oil from his pants.
Hall was arrested on a charge of petit theft, but it was his third arrest on the charge, so he was charged with a felony.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 5 killed in Orlando workplace shooting
- Tighter water restrictions now underway in several Tampa Bay area counties
- Cops: Uber driver steals gold necklace worth thousands off customer’s neck in Palm Harbor
- Girls sentenced in school bathroom attack that led to death
- Canadian man mows lawn with tornado behind him
- Carjacking suspect causes multiple hit-and-run crashes all over Tampa Bay
- New Mexico McDonald’s billboard joke goes viral