SEATTLE (AP) – Ariel Miranda pitched a four-hitter for his first career complete game, and the Seattle Mariners beat the Tampa Bay Rays 7-1 on Sunday to sweep their weekend series.
Miranda (6-2) struck out a career-high nine and walked one. He has allowed only seven earned runs in 30 innings over his last five starts.
Nelson Cruz hit a two-run homer and Mike Zunino picked up two more RBIs in Seattle’s seventh win in eight games. Jarrod Dyson also drove in two runs.
Tampa Bay right-hander Erasmo Ramirez (3-1) pitched 4 2/3 innings against his first major league team, allowing four runs and seven hits.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- How getting bumped from a flight can pay off big time
- Tighter water restrictions now underway in several Tampa Bay area counties
- Car found in water in St. Pete
- Cops: Uber driver steals gold necklace worth thousands off customer’s neck in Palm Harbor
- Carjacking suspect causes multiple hit-and-run crashes all over Tampa Bay
- New Mexico McDonald’s billboard joke goes viral