ADA, Okla. (AP) — Authorities say a man who was trying to drown his infant 3-month-old twin son and daughter in southeastern Oklahoma was fatally shot by a neighbor.
City of Ada spokeswoman Lisa Bratcher told reporters that 27-year-old Leland Foster of Poteau died after being shot Friday after a 12-year-old ran from the home to the neighbor for help.
Bratcher did not immediately return a phone call for comment on Sunday.
Bratcher said the neighbor told police he went to the home armed with a handgun and shot Foster twice after seeing him holding the infants under water in a bathtub while threatening the children’s mother with a knife.
Bratcher said the children were taken to a hospital in stable condition and the neighbor was questioned and released by police.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Cops: Uber driver steals gold necklace worth thousands off customer’s neck in Palm Harbor
- Carjacking suspect causes multiple hit-and-run crashes all over Tampa Bay
- Terror attacks strike heart of London; 7 people killed
- New Mexico McDonald’s billboard joke goes viral
- These hurricane supplies are tax-free this weekend in Florida